Alumni Association Awards
Nominate a fellow alum for the alumni awards
Do you know an SMU alum who has made outstanding achievements in his/her career? Or given significant time and commitment to his/her community or Saint Mary's University? Does someone stand out in your memory who you believe is deserving of an alumni award? Can you remember an athlete or coach whose accomplishments brought honor to him/herself and Saint Mary's University?
Each year, the Alumni Association of Saint Mary's University bestows awards onto deserving alumni. All nominations must come from alumni, or employees of Saint Mary's University.
Award nominations must be received by Alumni Relations no later than October 1 of a given year.
2012 Alumni Award Recipients
DISTINGUISHED ALUMNUS/A AWARD
Distinguished Alumnus/a Award Recipients
ALUMNI APPRECIATION AWARD
- This award honors an alumnus/a for outstanding achievements in his/her chosen profession.
- This person's daily life reflects the Christian ideals promulgated by the university.
- The nominee has distinguished him/herself in his/her chosen field or in another area of endeavor.
- Through his/her personal or professional activities the nominee reflects honor to the university.
- Individuals must have contributed to the university in outstanding ways or made significant humanitarian contributions to the community at large.
Alumni Appreciation Award Recipients
SPORTS HALL OF FAME
- This award honors an alumnus/a of the university, who by his/her consistent and continuous volunteer efforts has given his/her personal time and energies to further the goals and objectives of Saint Mary's University.
- Nominees must show exceptional personal commitment involving time and effort in any or all areas involving university functions supported by the Alumni Association. Areas include, but are not limited to, Career Services, Admissions Support, Chapter Development, National Alumni Board, Chapter Involvement, Regional Events and Programs.
- Present employees of the university shall be ineligible for the award.
- Continuous personal contributions of time and effort are the primary criteria.
Sports Hall of Fame Award Recipients
OUTSTANDING YOUNG ALUMNI AWARD
- This award honors the accomplishments of individuals who have coached or performed as varsity athletes for the university and have brought honor to themselves and Saint Mary's.
- An athlete must have attended Saint Mary's University for a minimum of four semesters.
- A coach or athletic administrator must have served on the university staff for at least three years.
- An athlete's class must have graduated at least five years prior to the selection.
- The nominees accomplishments must be of such a character that they clearly bring honor and recognition to him/herself and the university and thereby the Hall of Fame.
- Up to six nominees may be named in one year.
Outstanding Young Alumni Recipients
LASALLIAN SERVICE AWARD
This award honors a young alumnus/a for outstanding accomplishments since graduation.
- This young alum has distinguished him/herself through their professional accomplishments, service to alma mater, and/or selfless and caring work to benefit society.
(formally Religious Service award)
Lasallian Service Award Recipients
- This award honors an alumnus/a for outstanding contributions to the spiritual and religious lives of the people the individual serves.